Who doesn’t love to succeed? Success as a trainer/master/mentor depends upon how good or efficient your skills are? A person, who is now a master, was once a student, the beginning always starts with small things.
What you must do to master the art of being a good Scrum Master? Would you join a
Certified Scrum Master Online Course? Would you search for some good Scrum Institutes?
Definitely, these are the basic steps. But, there are some qualities that a Scrum Master must have. In fact, every Trainer/ Mentor/ Master must have. These are the roles where leadership plays a vital role. Hence, people with good leadership skills can be better scrum masters.
So, we have now got that one important quality is Leadership, let’s see what the other qualities are?
Qualities of a Scrum Master:
- Be responsible: The first and foremost quality after leadership is Responsibility. You are the representative of your own team. Your team members must trust you. Whatever your team achieves, you must proudly represent it even if it’s a little.
- See what’s good: Human beings are good in judging things. However, as a scrum master; you must only see the goodness of your team and appreciate it wholeheartedly. Always ignore what’s not done or wrongly done by your team. Real leadership lies in appreciating the goodness of your team.
- Effective Communication: For any task to be accomplished smoothly, effective communication is a prerequisite. Scrum masters always listen, comprehend, repeat, summarize, energize, observe, simply, suggest, chat and present the changes. All these tasks can be done smoothly with the skills of effective communication.
- Be Neutral: There will always be issues among team members. Wise is the mentor who solves them without any bias. Keep friendships away from profession. This can lead to tough but correct decisions.
- Directional Leadership: Let’s assume you have successfully completed Certified Scrum Master Online Course. Now, as a leader, you have some control over your team. This is not meant to force decisions upon them. Explain them why these decisions are to be made? Show them why that decision is apt instead of forcing it upon them.
- Multitasker: As a master, you always have to be rough and ready. A scrum master does several tasks at once. Scrum masters must have the ability to multitask. Be good at juggling and time management.
- Know the importance: One cannot achieve everything in a day. Celebrate those small achievements. Manage expectations. Always cheer your team members, motivate them, maintain good relations. Avoid clashes if possible. Even if they happen, forget them and continue working together.
- Enjoy with your team members: Work while you work, play while you play, to be useful and happy, that is the way. Along with work, you must also enjoy some moments with your team members. Shifting the mind somewhere can lead to better focus and better ideas. This can solve problems quickly.
In a Nutshell:
Doing a Certified Scrum Master Online Course isn’t enough; these qualities are must to be a well-known Scrum Master. Learn new skills, new things everyday to upgrade yourselves. Bringing these qualities into a habit also is an art. Adopt this art to be better at Scrum than you were yesterday.